Morbid Fact Du Jour For October 10, 2016

Today’s Imitative Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

In September of 1917, a Mr. and Mrs. Barnett of London, Kentucky were working in their garden. They left their three-month-old son Henry in his cradle in the hall. Presently, little Henry began to fuss, and his twenty-month-old sister tried to comfort him. The little girl had often seen Henry being fed with a bottle, so, imitating her parents, she found a bottle and gave it to her baby brother.

Unfortunately, the bottle she found did not contain milk. It was full of carbolic acid, which burned Henry’s throat and mouth badly and paralyzed his tongue. A doctor was summoned quickly, but nothing could be done and Henry Barnett died the next day.

Culled From: GenDisasters.com
Submitted by: Aimee

What must it be like to grow up and know that actions taken when you were not much more than a baby yourself resulted in the death of your baby brother? – Aimee

Morbid Mirth Du Jour!

Thanks to Magnoire for sharing this truly frightening video with us!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *